How to Obtain Modification of Child Custody

Child Custody ModificationsFor every decision regarding parenting and time-sharing of minor children, the courts are charged with acting in the best interests of the child. When parties seek to modify a parenting plan or a time-sharing schedule, Florida law adds an additional burden.

When seeking such a modification, the party requesting the change must show that there is a “substantial, material, and unanticipated change in circumstances.”  Without this, the courts will not consider a change in the parenting plan or the time-sharing schedule. read more