Child Support Enforcement Options in Florida

child support enforcement

Though both parents have an obligation to provide for their child during a separation and after a divorce, the noncustodial parent may not always follow through with making timely child support payments.

If the noncustodial parent refuses to pay child support or has fallen behind on payments, the custodial parent can seek help from the courts to help collect overdue child support.

Make Sure to File for a Petition for Support

Florida has strict child support laws in place to protect children after a divorce. However, in order to enforce child support, you need to have a child support order that is signed by a judge. To establish child support, file a petition for support in the clerk’s office at the court. Once the court receives your petition, it will set a hearing date. read more