Who gets the marital home?

This issue is also dependent on various factors. Usually, a spouse can force the sale of the marital home, buy out a spouse, or seek the home as an award of alimony. Also, a parent awarded primary custody of the minor children or child can be awarded exclusive use and possession of the marital home until the youngest child turns eighteen and then sell the house and divide the net equity. Other issues which may arise is who is then responsible for mortgage taxes and insurance prior to the sale.